Today is...Friday the 13th BUM BUM BUMMMMMM!
I'm actually not that superstitious, things are, at least for now, starting out just like any other day. This morning I needed to send out a new contract and invoice for a client, I'm looking over my calendar for events coming this weekend and next week and preparing and rehearsing for a trade show I have at the end of the month.
Oh and prepping for taxes. That's always fun. Said no one ever.
On a more personal note, I'm very much looking forward to January 25, D Magazine is throwing a party for me and all the great vendors who have worked with them over the past year. Last year was blast, I made some new friends at the last one and I hope to do that again this year.
I'm also thinking about my goals for this year, things I'd like to accomplish, both personally and professionally.
I'm writing them here for accountability, one of the best pieces of advice I have ever received is to actually WRITE DOWN your goals and reference them often. Some of the biggest thought leaders in the country recommend this one thing to people who want to accomplish more. Trust me it works.
1) Make a better effort to stay in touch with all my friends who I'm lucky enough to work with each year.
2) Amplify the tradeshow side of my business (after 2 years, shows are finally coming back).
3) Put on a theatrical show open to the public (Something I've desired to do for a long time but has always been pushed back, no more. I'm finally going to do it. I think...
1) Go on more dates with my Wife, we both work, and have two young children, spending time together can be difficult but necessary.
2) Volunteer at my Son's school. Field trips, after school activities, something.
3) Take a vacation with the family. We really didn't do that last year and it bothers me. The kids are getting old enough to remember trips and experiences and I want to fill their childhood with special memories of time together exploring and learning.
4) Read more books! If you have any suggestions I'm all ears...or eyes I suppose.
Alright, I'm off to magish. I hope all of you are having a great start to the year, if you're not, try writing down your own goals then formulate a path to get to them. It doesn't have to be all at once, the great thing about the future is that it comes a day at a time!
You'll never finish if you don't start so get started!